CHINformative at The London Pet Show (Olympia)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire D

Responsible & wise
211203_177675178935646_3663850_n.jpg

The London Pet Show

CHINformative (run by myself & Debbie) have the privilege of being invited to participate in The London Pet Show which is to be held in the National Hall at Olympia, London on Sat 7th - Sun 8th May 2011.
This is a fantastic opportunity & is something Debbie & I have wanted to do for a long time - to provide education about chinchillas as pets to the wider public.
We will be taking along some friendly chinchillas so that people can experience these wonderful creatures up close & personal. Our aim is to promote all aspects of responsible chinchilla ownership (as we do on the CHINormative forum).
We have been given stand SF5 in the "Discover Small Furries" section of the event.

http://www.londonpetshow.co.uk/discover-small-furries

Burgess are sponsoring the section & a discount of 30% off the ticket price is available through their FaceBook link: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=177675178935646

This is an exciting new venture for us & I have to say, I am really looking forward to the challenge - it's been a few weeks of hard work so far getting prepared & it's a bit of a daunting prospect realising we're going to Olympia ( :eek: ) but I'm excited. We have the opportunity to do something we really love - chatting chinchillas to anyone who is interested in them - so it should be great fun as well as very tiring.
Please do come along & support us if you can - we'd love to see some of you at the show. :)

A little more about the show:

On 7th and 8th May 2011, Olympia will come alive with hundreds of animals as the Pet Show comes to London.

The London Pet Show is a dynamic live event, packed full of hundreds of different breeds of animals, amazing live animal action displays and fun and informative talks and demonstrations.

With five exciting zones to discover featuring Dogs, Cats, Small Furries, Exotics & Aquatics and Pets, it’s the perfect opportunity for animal lovers to meet and learn about all different types of animals. Plus, goodies and gadgets for pets of all shapes and sizes.

Everything you could ever wish for, for everyone who loves animals.

Meet all your favourite cuddly pets including rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, chinchillas, and rats.
Fancy handling a snake or spider or stroking a reptile? This is the place to try it!
Watch exciting activities including rescue dog agility and training.
See barking mad shows including cat agility, ferret racing and rabbit jumping.
Attend sessions and demonstrations to learn how to choose the right pet for you and how to keep your pet fit and healthy – there’s a whole range of topics.
Get free vet advice.
Watch the final of the Magic Pets competition and the Endal Awards.
Shop for you and your pet!

Open time:

Saturday, 7th May 2011 9:30am - 5pm

Sunday, 8th May 2011 9:30am - 5pm

PLEASE NOTE: Visitors are not allowed to bring their pets to the show however there will be many types of animals to see

I know this is a UK event but I didn't think anyone would mind me advertising it on here since we have a number of UK members. ;)

OHHHHH this looks really cool, now im trying to convince the bf that we should go its a shame its so far from where we live as we would have to catch a train, maybe i should see if my sis would like to go :p Congratulations on being able to participate in the show :D and thank you for posting this !!

Back