Chinchillas

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chichi13252

I have 2 chinchillas about 4 maybe 5 years old my one chinchilla is having problems with his teeth took him to the vet. The vet put him on antibitic for two weeks he got a little better keep him on the antibitic for another too weeks. He has good days / and bad so days he eats some days he don't I have been babying him and hand feeding him I don't want him too lose any more weight then he has all ready have what can I give him to help him gain weight please help thank you for your time

More food, hand fed chinchillas need at least 45ml of critical care a day to slow down weight loss, 60ml or more is usually needed to keep a steady weight, 4 15ml feedings a day.

Unfortunately he passed away with ammonia he was having a problem breathing 😭 For some reason when He started with the problem with his teeth I think he started to developed the breathing problems the antibitic he was on was not for that and we could not save him we did all that we could

Back