Chinchilla that doesn't like a chin scratch

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PipandChipMom

Please tell me there are other chinchillas out there that don't like their chins and ears scratched!!
My chinchilla Chip will start to like it, do the head tilt and all then BOOM she's like wait you're touching me... NO THANKS!
It's so funny though because it's like she has some internal conflict going on
Thinking man this is nice, but oh no I don't want to be touched, but its nice, but NO!

Tons of them don't. Some people just get lucky with theirs.

Bella will only let me give her scritches if she is sleepy :p otherwise she tries to bite me lol

Not all like it. I have one that loves it. I can pet her the same way I pet my dog. I have another that will let me start then run away. My third will hiss at me if I try.

my boys are like night and day when it comes to lovin' scritches. Guss will practically do an exorcist move with his head if i hit just the right spot, which seems to be everywhere all around his chin, neck, chest, shoulders, ears....... he's definitely my lovey boy.

Rhino very very rarely gives me any sort of a scritchy face, or any indication that he's enjoying me touching him. he tolerates me because i feed him, hahaha! about the only thing i've found he enjoys is to play the head ruffle game - he sits in his tube, i ruffle his head, he ducks back into his tube, comes out for another ruffle, repeat for many minutes! lol.

My two boys like scritches...none of my three girls do unless I catch it on just the right angle :p

lol... we have some that love it and some that are significantly less than enamored of the practice

That's one way to put it! 2 of mine love it as well, and my 3rd has to be in the mood, otherwise he'll give you a nasty look.

Mine are still getting used to me but Dragon doesnt mind getting his chest rubbed, Silver sometimes tolerates me giving him a chin scratch until I dare to get close to his whiskers, then he pushed my hand away and gives me the world´s most offended look, sometimes followed by a soft bite. He likes a belly rub when he stands up, though :)

I would love to see one of mine make that adorable face when you know they are enjoying a good scratch! Hopefully it will come in time ;;)

Haha thanks for all of your replies!! Its funny when other people come in and scratch her and are all like "She's letting me scratch her!" all the while I'm thinking to myself is: she's just too scared to move. :D

Back