Chinchilla INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING??PLEASE help me!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgchinchilla

Hi friends and fellow chin lover ,

I am a chinchilla breeder of slightly less than 10years ..
I have had my fair share of failures and tragic moments during breeding ( as most breeders have ) as well as joyful and memorable one .

I started off getting my first pair of pedigreed chins from chinchillas.com (subsequently i got more) and currently my herd consists of around 40 animals .

Recently i encountered a problem . As i am located in Asia (Singapore) . there are no reliable sources to get "good" pedigreed chinchillas . It is a rare animal nowadays

throughout the years , chinchilla breeders in my country have lessened in numbers substantially and now , only 2 or 3 remain .

I could either

1)buy chins from these 2 or 3 breeder

2) or from "randoms" who mate their pet chins ( 1 or 2 pairs )

Both options are highly costly with prices of PET QUALITY ( OR WORSE ) standard grey babies starting at around 700SGD (555USD)

and Pet quality(or worse) White chinchillas going around 2k (1600 USD)

I find it very hard to get a good chinchilla here and would like to know if anyone of you guys can point me in the direction of someone who ships chinchillas internationally (besides chinchillas.com) Even the so called "pet shop chinchilla distributors would be a better bet than what we have here .

*i hope this thread would not turn into an attack on shipping of chinchillas , because i genuinely am looking for help .

I understand the risks of shipping chins . But without shipping , none of us would be able to enjoy chins in the first place , even you.

so i hope you guys and point me in the right direction thanks

thank you !

Shipping internationally it is very expensive, and I think that chinchillas.com would be your best bet, because if you purchase a chinchilla for $1,000 dollars, the shipping and everything is included in the price, and if anybody from the US or Canada wanted to ship to you, it could cost you probably $700 or more, even someone asked me to please ask the airline how much is to ship to Spain, and they told me that it was about $670.00! and that is lots to pay for just shipping

Shipping internationally it is very expensive, and I think that chinchillas.com would be your best bet, because if you purchase a chinchilla for $1,000 dollars, the shipping and everything is included in the price, and if anybody from the US or Canada wanted to ship to you, it could cost you probably $700 or more, even someone asked me to please ask the airline how much is to ship to Spain, and they told me that it was about $670.00! and that is lots to pay for just shipping

Are you sure chinchillas.com has shipping included?

I'm in the process of looking into shipping chinchillas to Singapore but haven't had the time to do all the legwork. I know there were a couple of Canadian breeders shipping to Japan but haven't had the time to talk to them yet. I do know that even in the states shipping is expensive and if you are planning on purchasing animals you should do it in lots of 10 in the same shipping crate. I have 10 hole shipping crates that the airlines have approved and this way it will defray shipping cost amoungst the animals vs spending a lot of money shipping 1 animal.

Ronda

Back