Chinchilla in need of help!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LVchinchillas

Hi, I have recently had 2 chinchillas surrendered to me. A male and a female pair. The woman said she was unable to feed them and they haven't been fed in about 1 week very casually over the phone, after that I knew I had to rush over there. They were skinny but they were normal bouncy chinchillas with no obvious sign of sickness. Once I got them home I separated them and they are currently in quarantine in my bathroom. After bringing them home I realized something wasn't right with her private area. After taking a look I was horrified at what I saw. Her urethral cone was bloody and scabbed up. She is not in immediate danger since other than that she is completely healthy. Tomorrow I am taking her to the vet to find out what she has since my preferred exotic vet is off today and I don't trust my chins with anyone else. I would like to get some info on what might of happen to her instead of going in with a blank sheet. I hope you guys can help me.

Thank you.

We have figured out a name for them, Juilet and Romeo because its tough to see them cry in their cages because they miss each other. Almost like forbidden love just like Romeo and Juilet. I am hoping to get him neutered so they can be reunited.

t6zac4.jpg

Last edited:
Back