Chinchilla Hood Ornament

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone posted on CnF that it is an old trophy topper, however, I still think it is cool I find a chin thing in the middle of a feild on a farm, and no one there has a chin.

I know! I told the BF that he needs to put it on my car, but he said I cant cuz of something with the hood. Anyone know if I can just put a hole in my hood and put it there??

That's really neat T, and kind of random all at the same time. LOL!

There are many places and many ways to mount it almost anywhere on a car, as long as it's got a bolt through the bottom!
Let's hope it's not welded on!
In looking at the pictures, I'm going to guess it's on a mid - late 60's Ford P/U, and they drilled in a spot where there could have been a hole for the hood moulding on a more optioned model, where the reinforcement allowed it!

Last edited:
Whatever happened? Were you able to get it? please let us know!! :impatient:

Tell them you have to get the old one off, so you can see the size of the hole, and go to the local auto recycler for some kind of replacement! Maybe $5 unless you want one for a Mercedes!

Go look at the thrift stores and CL for a trophy, just scrape the felt off the bottom of a trophy and you'll see a nut that disassembles the whole thing.

Latest posts

Back