Chinchilla Conditions at Guzoo (Alberta)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theCHIBIkitten

The Guzoo is a 'private zoo' in Three Hills Alberta with some of the most disgusting conditions I've ever seen. Recently, one of my friends took a trip there to document the living conditions of the animals. I've previously written them about their chinchillas, but it looks like nothing has changed.

26432_404614451666_529481666_5000659_7571290_n.jpg

(Let me know if that photo doesn't work, and I'll upload it to my server).

The chins are living in a filthy enclosure with plywood, no toys, and no visible food dish.

This is an older photo from 2008.

skgi_3091548_3006.jpg

There have been countless efforts to close this zoo, but they manage to sidestep it every time. All I can do is pass on these photos and urge you to write to the owners of the Guzoo or to the appropriate legislators.

It just makes me sick. :(

Contact info/more information can be found on either of these two sites:

http://www.guzooforever.com/ - The owners of the Guzoo

http://www.theguzoo.co.nr/ - An anti-Guzoo site with additional photos (the latest ones haven't been posted yet).

:cry3:

:cry3:That's just heartbreaking, you know those babies have just got to be miserable. I don't understand how they have been able to dodge a closedown with conditions as utterly nasty as this, it just doesn't make sense!:crazy: I'll flat sure be writing when I get home tonight, thanks for the links.

this made me want to cry. people that can continually treat animals like this with no chastisement or education make me sick. i really hope these people get what they deserve.

Things nightmares are made of. Absolutely disgusting. I'm ashamed to be a Canadian right now.

It's changed. Can't you see, they've chewed more of the shelf and it looks like a few chins have been "lost" along the way. :rolleyes: what morons, how do they keep ducking out of being shut down?

oh god.... im going to write this afternoon...also, is there a national program who oversees the zoos or something that we can write to ?

Back