Chinchilla bed

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It doesn't look to be safe, honestly. I have some slippers that look to be made out of the same fabric. The only fabric that is safe for chins is the anti pill fleece. In a perfect world, if your chin NEVER chewed on the fabric and only slept in there, it would be fine... but we all know we can never predict what a chin will do and what they will chew on (it's usually anything and everything). There are tons of safer chin hanging beds, pillows, etc that people make. Go on FB and look up "Fleece for Furries" or "Chinchic". Awesome fleece items for chinchillas or look on the "Supplies for sale" here on the board :)

i sent that person on ebay a message telling them about the dangers of that type of materiel being sold to chinchilla owners. Sadly she doesn't seem to care much. These were the two responses i got.

Hi thanks for your concern however if we listed every item covering all angles we would not sell anything. Imagine a puzzle suitable for children then the child eats a piece.and chokes to death.

So as a pet owner i would expect them to know what is or is not suitable and if not they should either ask or act on the side of caution and not buy.
Unfortunately we cannot alter a title without ending the listing and losing the sales history so we will not be altering the title but may add a sentence in the description saying an owner needs to be sure of its suitability.
Just looked up blizzard fleece and anti pill fleece on the net and found nothing in the UK. so people have been using these i have contacted two and they are still happy with them and pet is fine.

regards
Julie

- julieannemark

I tried explaining the fallacy of that logic. But i received this back.
We do care about pets but as i said we cannot stop idiot owners we answer every week questions such as.

Is this cage big enough for my parrot.
Will this collar fit my dog its 2 years old.
So no matter what we write people still don't know what they are doing.

We sell a silent whistle for dog trainng and clearly state it is not silent you can hear it yet we have approximately 6 negative feedbacks a week removed by ebay as people do not read the description.
The listing is on a good till cancelled which means it starts at 30 days drops to zero and starts again so it does not end in 2 days. Also i saw a friend that bought two of these for degus and chinchillas in the pub yesterday and he said well i wont tell you what he said but his are fine and he is still happy with them and had then months now..

So as we have never had any complaints till now we will monitor the situation.

Julie

- julieannemark

Ppl like this rly annoy me...

Since the listing for that item is over in less then 1 day, ill wait to see if she relists it. If so ill just asking in the public questions area why she is selling these to chinchilla owners, and the reason she shouldn't. Hopefully maybe a buyer will notice it and think twice :/

Her attitude leaves something to be desired to say the least. The logic that the general public will know better is flawed. They "should" know better, but as we have all seen there are many people who do not do research into their pets. I applaud your efforts :)

Back