Chinchilla barks when pet

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x3ndless

Human Chin Jungle Gym
Well my chinchilla mitsi whenever i pet her she loves to be pet, but if I go to far she will almost like a chirp noise. Once i reach the butt/tail she yipps as if shes in pain, ive also noticed theres a bump were her tail is connected that i dont remember. She still uses her tail for balancing and it still looks normal when runnign so i dont know.

I have a couple chins that are okay with me scritching their heads but "kack" at me when I get their butts. Most likely she just doesn't like to be pet there.

I have a couple chins that are okay with me scritching their heads but "kack" at me when I get their butts. Most likely she just doesn't like to be pet there.

yup mine too!! nothing is wrong with my chins butt or tail but that area she just says no LOL!

my Rhino will kack if i pet his bum, but is ok with me touching his tail. Guss LOVES to have his tail stroked and will sit up under my neck/on my collarbone area forever as long as i keep 'tailing' him, lol. he's never kacked at me when i touch his bum, but i know he's apprehensive about it because he tenses slightly. i've had to take a few decent size matts out of his bum/hip region before, so i think that is why he tenses up.

Back