Chinchilla baby hoping arround

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like she's wall surfing and playing in her cage. After the 10:00 minute mark she's "popcorning" meaning she's excited and happy. Very normal.

Definitely popcorning and happy. My girls were just like this when I first got them at 2 months. They still popcorn around like crazy. Is that hidey house made out of PVC? I can't tell. I'm not sure how safe that swing is. She's definitely a cutie.

In your other video you show her running around a large room for playtime. She really shouldn't have much, if any, playtime at 2 months old. She needs to be gaining weight and getting chubby, not running it all off. Also, young chinchillas don't really know their limits and can run themselves ragged. I am just now considering a few minutes of playtime a week with my girls who are 4 months old. They are 590 and 516 grams though so don't risk much as far as weight goes.

Definitely popcorning and happy. My girls were just like this when I first got them at 2 months. They still popcorn around like crazy. Is that hidey house made out of PVC? I can't tell. I'm not sure how safe that swing is. She's definitely a cutie.

the hidey house is a basket made from tree leaves i think. its not a pvc. and the other is a carton tube. i dont know if the wires are safe though...

In your other video you show her running around a large room for playtime. She really shouldn't have much, if any, playtime at 2 months old. She needs to be gaining weight and getting chubby, not running it all off. Also, young chinchillas don't really know their limits and can run themselves ragged. I am just now considering a few minutes of playtime a week with my girls who are 4 months old. They are 590 and 516 grams though so don't risk much as far as weight goes.

yeap, i stoped the playtime

Tree leaves? I'd invest in a different house. It very well may not be chinchilla safe and it looks a bit on the small side anyway. Is the carton tube made out of cardboard? With the swing I'd just be worried about her flying out of it or catching her feet on the wire. There are many swing designs that are a lot safer if you really want a swing. If not you could probably attach a tube to two wooden shelves to give her a cute tube to crawl through. She's probably old enough you could start putting in some wooden ledge for her as long as you make sure they are close together. I have a FN as well and I just put the ledges about as close together as they can go with the way the spacing of the FN cage is. They're not any further than about 3 inches or so apart. Means she can't really fall any distance.

i just took her weight for the first time. she is 340g, its a good weight for a 2 months old chin right?

Yep 340 grams I would say is a nice weight for a 2 month old. How many weeks old is she? My girls were in the 200s when I got them at 8 weeks and I think they're on the larger side now for 4 month olds.

Sooo cute! Reminds me of my little girl. She's always wall surfing, pop corning, and spider-manning the side of her cage and her buddies cage when we let her out. :angel7:

Yep 340 grams I would say is a nice weight for a 2 month old. How many weeks old is she? My girls were in the 200s when I got them at 8 weeks and I think they're on the larger side now for 4 month olds.

9 weeks old now :)

Back