Chin Trying To Escape

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peaceful1

Hey everyone. So just recently my chin has been biting at the hinges on the cage trying to escape. I let her out for a little then put her back in the cage. She has been knawing at the cage for 3 days now. Does anybody know what she wants? By the way, her favorite spot when out of the cage is underneath my dresser. Hope that can help with things.

Usually when mine starts playing the cage song, she wants attention. Does she get enough play time out of cage and have enough stuff in her cage to play with?

I would suggest making sure she gets enough attention and out of cage time, but I would also advise that you do not let her out when she is chewing/pulling at the bars. This will reinforce the idea that if she pulls on the bars it will make you let her out. I would wait until she is calm and then let her out to try to teach her that the calm behavior gets her what she wants

ignore her when she is trying to chew the bars on the cage. she is just trying to get your attention, if you give in and give her what she wants she will learn that she can get attention that way.

My younger chin does this, he jams his nose as far as he can through the bars & then starts chewing madly when he realizes he can't squeeze through lol. Sometimes he'll throw tantrums & start pulling on the bars real hard, we just ignore him until he gives up and then let him out after he's settled.

Back