Chin Safe?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinowner

I just bought some nibblers for my little one and just noticed that they are Kiwi Wood. My question is is kiwi wood safe for chins?

kiwi wood is safe if prepared correctly (scrubbed, boiled, baked).

did you get your kiwi wood from a store? if so, it is most likely the little sticks with opaque 'stuff' down the middle of the stick. this stuff is full of sugar, from what i understand. not healthy for chins.

you can always call the company up, i've done that before, usually everyone is very nice

I just have to hunt down a number then i guess. They look ok to me but after reading half the stuff on this site i feel like im raising my little one wrong.

I just have to hunt down a number then i guess. They look ok to me but after reading half the stuff on this site i feel like im raising my little one wrong.

You are buying him chew toys, you are asking questions; I would say you are doing far better than a lot of chin owners who aren't on this site. I'm sure your little guy is just fine. =)

There's a lot of bad info out there and bad products so don't feel bad. Living World does have some safe items but I don't think I have seen the kiwi. I will have to check that out.

Eta:
http://ca-en.hagen.com/Small-Animal/Toys/Chew/61469

Those must be it. They are probably fine but you can find cheaper here I am sure.

thats the stuff.. he will only get it when he is having his playtime

You are buying him chew toys, you are asking questions; I would say you are doing far better than a lot of chin owners who aren't on this site. I'm sure your little guy is just fine. =)

I know he is fine but learning the treats im feeding him are not good for him and now im changing his food. but i guess thats what you do when your chin might be the closet thing to a child you will get

Back