Chin-safe crochet?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilBubs

Im a Slave 4 Bubs
Are there any yarns I could crochet with that would be safe for my chin to chew on/have in his cage? I think it'd be tons of fun to experiment with crocheting toys for him, but obviously I'd want them to be safe. Any other fun crafts you guys make for your chinchildren? :)

I'm not sure how easily you can crochet with it, but the only chin safe yarn like material would be natural organic plant fiber sting. Sea grass, jute, sisal, coconut, and possibly others, those are just what I can think of off hand.

That's what I figured. I think if I can find that kind of yarn I can probably work with it. Does anyone know which grasses/fibers are NOT chin-safe? For example, would hemp yarn work? That's one type I know I can get my hands on.

I'm pretty sure hemp is not safe. You can find those types of string/rope that I mentioned on websites that sell bird toy parts, as well as I think some of the vendors on here might sell it too.

Back