Chin renovations are well underway!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I

ilovemytwochins

Since I first saw the post from Carol~Anne and her beautiful chin mansion made from melamine, I have been jonesing for a new cage!

So....Max and Ruby are getting ready for a big move! We are currently still in the customization and construction stages, but I will post before and after pictures! And thanks again Carol~Anne for showing off your wonderful cage! Now, if I could just get Pip to come through the computer to my house! LoL

Update....with pics

Alright, so I wanted to post a picture of a before and after...Max and Ruby to the left are in the old house...and to the right is the (obviously) unfinished new mansion! I can't wait to decorate it :thumbsup: and get one of those chin choo choos!! I will post more as we progress. As you can see, I have a fuzzy helper...

Attachments

• cagerenovations 011.jpg
    cagerenovations 011.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 102
Yes, Max managed to chew that hole in the middle bottom...he works like a chainsaw...hence the need for renovations! Don't worry...there are at least 97554 things in front of the cage to prevent continued escapes while we are gone :eek:)

Alright, Max and Ruby have officially moved into their new digs. I've given them a couple of days to get used to it...Ruby barks at me when I walk up; I think she is mad- but Max loves it! I will get a picture up hopefully tomorrow (gotta poop scoop in the morning)! All comments, thoughts, concerns, etc. would be helpful as I am trying to create the best cage possible for them!

They've moved in!!!

:dance3:

Oh Yeah! They moved in late last week....I gave them some time to get used to it without a camera in their face. But this morning I just had to get some pics while I cleaned. As you can see it would be quite a jump from the bottom to the second floor; we are temporarily using a wooden bird cage ladder....we are going to make untreated pine stepping platforms :thumbsup:

So here is the latest- I will update when I feel like I have finally finished it!
P.S. Ruby had to hog some camera time....the diva she is :thumbsup:

Attachments

• chins 001.jpg
    chins 001.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 44
  • chins 002.jpg
    chins 002.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 36
  • chins 003.jpg
    chins 003.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 33
  • chins 004.jpg
    chins 004.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 35
Are the exposed edges on the melamine covered with anything? Like a metal strip? I can't tell in the pics. If not, you should probably cover them as chewing the melamine isn't healthy for them. They do make metal that goes over the edge of the melamine.
Otherwise it looks like a great cage!

Thanks mrsnation- that is exactly where the names came from :eek:)
alli713: I did not know that melamine could be dangerous! Thanks for alerting me! As I mentioned before....I am not completely done...and don't think I ever will be! I love to tinker on it. I will look into that, thanks again! And thanks for looking everyone!

I really like the holes cut out so they have little hidey caves instead of just ledges all over, that is a cool idea. Like Alli said make sure to cover those edges, especially since your lil guy has already proven he likes to chew the cage (I can already see some nibbling in the 4th pic).

Back