Chin not eating pellets.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyswimfly

My 5 month old chinchilla isn't eating his pellets. He eats his hay and sticks/wood but not pellets. We've had him for a month and a half and he's been eating just fine until the last week. We feed him oxbow chinchilla food and oxbow Timothy hay.

Did you open a new bag last week? Could be the bag is old (not your fault). If not maybe the bag you have is old and the pellets you are giving him now are the oldest of the bag. Anyway, try another bag and see if he wants a 'fresher' supply

If you have not dumped the pellets, cleaned the bowl and gave fresh try that or like Barb said, try another bag.

I bought new food and he started eating right away. I didn't realize my food was 6 months old. Now I know how to look and buy food. Thanks for your help!

We have a 4 month old that prefers the hay to his pellets. After having him for a month he has gradually gotten better and he is eating them so stick with it. For some reason both of my boys tend to prefer the hay to the pellets, but then at least once a week they will clear the pellets out of their bowls like its their favorite thing.

Back