Chin name Suggestions.....Go!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, based on his color, I can throw out a few suggestions;

Jet, Shadow, Onyx. Other names could also be based on his personality when you get him: Drifter, Nibbles, Zorro, Zeus, Squeakers, Flint, Bandit. In the end, it's really your choice for what his name should be. :)

Or, just look at him for a moment and say the first name that pops into your head. My Chinchilla is named Chester because my Fiancé said he 'looked like a Chester' lol.

I personally like to name pets after things I enjoy. My dog is named after one of my favorite bands, and even though my chinnie was named for her coloring, the name Luna fits with my love of the Harry Potter books. We also have 2 Harry Potter inspired newts. In the past, I've named gerbils after hobbies and tv shows.

Before I got my Shadow when i found out he was grey standard i thought of shadow, midnight, etc. Ash anything with his color to match. chocolate, choco, choose a name that matches the special date/color you got him cause I got mine on Christmas eve so his middle name is Noel, and it reminds me everytime that special memory. I LOVE giving my pets middle names they are all meaningful.

Mir! :D
it's the name of a very cute Onyx dragon in a game i used to play. this dragon was given to my character as an egg, and once it hatched, there was a strong bond and throughout the journey would randomly talk to me and keep me company. it was very adorable. :) if i got another chinchilla that was dark like yours, i'd definitely name him, or her, Mir. :)

name

We has an ebony chin that was solid dark black. We named him Kieron which means small dark one in Gaelic. We unfortunately lost him to a kidney stone last november but he was a beautiful little guy.

Back