Chin is really annoying

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick-NL-

Hello everybody i'm new to this forum :)

First of al I have 5 chins total,

2 Females:
Ebony = 3 months
White = 1,5 year

3 Males:
2 twins Ebony gray = 4 months
1 Standard = 1 year

Females live seperate from the males cause i already got 2 grown up babys and its enough for now.
1 new female chin is very tame and she keeps sitting on my shoulder or in my hands she doesnt like escaping, same goes for the 2 young males.
But 1 female chin (the mother of the 2 young males) is getting very annoying, she keeps making noises with the bars by pulling at it with her teeth, and when i open the cage she jumps like crazy towards me and tries to escape (the good side is that she let me pick her up)
She sleeps together with the other female but she never plays with her, but the other female wants to play with her but she just ignores it, she only wants to play with me and escape is this normal that she dont really like playing with other chins?

My other 4 chins like playing together but they also like to sit on my shoulder, they dont really feel like escaping.
The chins also have enough to play and bite in there cage, its only the white female who does this its like she is a spoiled bratt ;)

anybody else having a Chin who likes you more then there own kind?

Blueberry pulls at the cage bars all the time begging for attention, we got Mela because we wanted another chin and we were hopeful it would give Blueberry someone to play with, not the case. Blueberry HATES other chins. Some are more social than others....

Back