Chin comfortable or chin annoyed?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

logancarter1

I recently got my first month and a half old mosaic. He's gorgeous, and i'm in love with him already. I feel like i have done extensive research and am making a great new owner. However one thing i feel i don't know enough about are chins various noises. Whenever he'll lay down to sleep, he makes the faintest squeaking noise, and does the same when i stroke him after giving him scratches behind and in his ears.
Should i leave him alone when making this sound?

No, he is annoyed, but he will get used to being loved on. Keep on handling him and keep us updated with stories and pics...he sounds adorable!

addicted, are you sure? Hard to describe a sound ofcourse, but mine make those faint squeeky noises when they are exploring and playing together. Sounds like they communicate with those noises, cause I've never seen em doing while angry or scared...

Yes, mine make the same little noises when they are out playing and they et in my ear and make the same noise when I am playing with them. I believe that is their happy and very content noise. Love it!! It makes my heart smile :hearts:

I agree it sounds like he is content. It can be hard to tell from just a description, as there are multiple types of squeaks. The lower, quieter sort of one is often a happy or curious chin, where a more distinct and urgent sort of squeak is usually an annoyance at being held.

My chin makes a faint squeaking sound when she's happy or excited. She'll make that noise when I give her scritches or when she see's me putting a new toy in her cage. Even if I'm walking past her cage, she'll make her happy squeaks at me. I'm not sure if that noise is what your describing, but it can mean diffrent things for diffrent chins. Once you get to know him more, you'll be able to tell what all the diffrent noises means. It sounds like he's really enjoying your company though!

Back