Chin Colour

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onyx79

9058.jpg

i want to ask you what colour is the left chin, hetero beige or homo beige?

thanks

If bothe parents are beige, either is possible, can't tell from picture. If even one parent is a different color it is hetro.

Looks too dark to be homo so I would say hetero - pics can be deceiving though. It would be helpful to know what color the parents are.

It doesn't matter if its hetro or homo beige unless you plan on breeding it.

ok the beige is hetero and a male and the other two are male and female

i was thinking on buying the beige male and the standard female, is it a bad combination if they breed?

First, they should be pedigreed to breed and to me this looks like they are from the same litter so I would not breed brother and sister. Definetely do research before you start thinking about breeding.

First, they should be pedigreed to breed and to me this looks like they are from the same litter so I would not breed brother and sister. Definetely do research before you start thinking about breeding.

unfortunately we dont have breeders here in Greece, just pet shops that sell chinchillas

If the pet stores get them they have to come from somewre. Which means there is a breeder or one that ships in. Definetly don't breed those 2 chins. Siblings should never be bred.

If the pet stores get them they have to come from somewre. Which means there is a breeder or one that ships in. Definetly don't breed those 2 chins. Siblings should never be bred.

yeap i'll just get the standard grey female

If the belly is white, it is a standard. If the belly is is gray, it's an ebony

Actually, that's not entirely correct...which is why I said it the way I did. Because of that chin's age, without lineage, you cannot be sure by looks alone. Many chins will have gray bellies as kits. I've also seen kits go through an "ugly" phase where their bellie goes from brigh white to "not so white grayish" and back to dazzing white as a young adult.

Back