Changing where my chinchilla pees?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shubbles

Did someone say woood?
So I'm not sure where to post this but I guess it has something to do with behavior. My chinchilla pees up on this skinny bridge and his pee drips down and hits another shelf and then it spills over the edge and it lands on the carpet. Obviously i don't want it on the carpet so is there a. A tiny hanging litter box or b. a way to change the place where he pees or c. Should I let it drip down to the bigger shelf below and put a litter box there? Sorry I ask so many questions lol. Thanks. :)

why not move things around so that the skinny bridge is right over top of his usual litter pan? (i'm assuming you do already use a litter pan) or remove the bridge altogether. removing it might be best, since his pee smell is on there and he probably thinks that's where he is 'supposed' to pee.

You can readjust the shelf so that it slopes slightly down and in towards the center of the cage. That way all the urine will just run into the bottom of the cage and not on the carpet.

There really is no way to change where your chin pees unless you take it out of the cage. Just recently i noticed that with my girl chin. I had had her in one cage for the first year she was with me and she peed on the shelves, then when she had her bebe i put her in a baby safe cage for awhile, and she didn't pee on the shelves. But now she's back in that first cage and there's tons of pee on the shelf, and i think she's teaching her daughter how to pee on the shelves its pretty frustrating...

chinchilla pee

iv been having problems with my chinchilla Panda peeing on his fleece beds he only pees in one corner of his cage but i have two fleece beds on two different shelvs in his cage and they get soked in pee with in a week i dont have a problem with washing them but i can't find a way to make it stop

Just giving my view on things, i am unexperienced in a way that i half my first chins for a half year now but this worked for me
Note that my chins have no shavings but wooden plank as underground

1. buy cheap dogfood dishes, not to big, rather buy a few
2. buy aubiose (hennepfiber) if you want low allergic reaction for you and your pet
3. locate peespots (in the corner in the back?)
4. clean them with a weth cloth-small amount of thinned vinegar can be used
5. put down filled dishes on all peespots
6. get a dish out every week

worked for me, accidents can happen but are very very rare

Back