Carpel Tunnel Surgery

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pita839

Just wanted to know if anyone has had the surgery and what the results were. I may have to have it done in the near future but my biggest fear is the needles. My oldest son had it done and when the Dr did his first hand, he said that it was painful during the injections. I worked with a woman that had it done and she had problems but IMO they sent her back to work too early. So if anyone would like to give me their input on the subject, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I had carpal tunnel only during my first pregnancy. I found chiropractic helped a ton! I do remember someone telling me that they had the surgery when I was suffering from it and they said that it was super easy and helped them a lot.

Good luck with what ever you decide to do, but if you haven't tried chiropractic yet it might be worth a shot. I have done some damage to both wrists with sports and keeping them adjusted helps me with all wrist pain.

I would opt to try chiropractic and massage before jumping into surgery.

Very often surgery does not actually fix the problem, or can cause worse problems, instead of making things better. Many doctors jump to surgery when the carpal tunnel can be decompressed and relieve the median nerve without it. Chiropractic, massage therapy, and craniosacral therapy are all much less invasive options that could work wonders for you without the pain, scarring, and accosting of your body.

So try everything you can and leave the surgery as a last resort. :)

Thanks for the responses. I would rather not have the surgery especially right now because I can't afford to take off work. I'm going to check out the options suggested. I am a big scaredy cat when it comes to needles except for getting bloodwork. I can handle that. Thanks for the advice.

Back