Cardboard playpen

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is an excellent idea! I've been looking for a decent play pen for the boys since I've moved rooms and the room they are in now has too many things they can get hurt on/in/around.

Do you have any problems with them wall surfing & knocking it over?

Nope not at all. It's very sturdy since I have it in a "circle", totally enclosed and the ends are pressed up against the wall and held "shut" by the cage.

Puddles, Did you buy the tape from Papermart as well? I didn't see it or should that
be a hardware store purchase? You are so "On to Something" with your great creation!
And, even better it's--"Cheap"-yah!

Yup, that's what I bought for the cardboard playpen I made. :))

Thanks! I am excited to try this out because I am getting ready to do this :hair: trying to control my girls during play time, they try and get into everything! Thanks to Mitzie, I learned that there is a hole in bottom part of the bathroom cabinet...

good luck! Make sure to leave a little gap in between the sheets when you are taping them together to allow it to fold accordian style for easy storage!

got everything! Tonight is my second night using the playpen and I love it! No more worrying every 10 seconds if they are getting into something they shouldn't be, I feel like they are safe and I am safe to get some stuff done... like surfing chins and hedgies and washing their bedding, it's all about the chins of course :) Thanks for sharing this great info!

Oh my god I love the cardboard idea, I did that a while back as well (I believed I posted pix of it too) tonight stitch broke out of it though, slammed himself against it and broke the seal geezuz...lost him for about 10 minutes but he was just over by the other chins cages trying to get at them lol good thing they're like 4 ft off the ground or there might have been some fur flying

Yep, those are the ones and the size too. I did buy just the one bundle. Had plenty left over if I needed to make it bigger or switchout sheets for whatever reason but I haven't had to yet. :)

I think I'm going to try this! I need a new way to keep my chins in the area they are SUPPOSED to be in, haha. I'm going to try to find some velcro strips to add it to in order to have them attach. Hmm...

My recommendation with velcro, don't get the industrial strength like I did, it is so strong it rips the cardboard apart when you try and detach it. Regular strength may work though. ;)

how tall must the cardboard be? i have puppy kennels that are metal but not super tall. wondering if that will work?

Well, I suppose that depends on how high your chins can jump. ;) These are 4 feet high and when she jumps straight from the floor, she can't quite make it out.

Thanks for posting!! i never understand how to make one until now!
Another weekend project! =)
Thanks.

Back