Can you spot the chin?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashleynicol3

I went over to check on Buddha this morning & I found him snuggled up under his fleece. Cutest thing ever!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375018213.688728.jpg

Our first month together has been great! He's the sweetest thing! I've got him on a routine now. I refill his food & hay each morning before work, check on him when I get home from work, then go about my business - making dinner or whatever. Around 9 or 10, I check on him again & he knows it's time to come out & play for a bit, so he gets all excited! I let him jump into my hands & down onto the floor. He runs around for a short while. I arrange boxes into makeshift stairs for him & when he's done, he goes right back up & into his cage on his own. That's really nice because it stopped me from having to use the dust bath house daily! If he's been a good boy, he gets a rose hip or a stick as a treat.

He's very curious. He is in my "office," so when I'm messing around with my crafts or on the computer, he watches me to see what I'm doing. He's been a great companion so far!

Its really nice when they train themselves like that. It makes things a lot more easy and enjoyable. For the chin as well as the person.
There memory is incredible too. Once they realize a pattern for what they want, they are there every time and just waiting for it' lol

Is that just a fleece blanket for Buddha (love his name, by the way)? I've thought about making some fleece accessories for my chins' cages.

@godofgods It's VERY nice that he's more or less trained himself. He loves to run around & play, but he loves his treat more (lol) & he knows what he has to do to get it. He's such a smart boy! I'm really enjoying getting to know him.

@holybegeebers Thanks! Buddha just felt right. :) I have a double Ferret Nation with Bass pans. I was using aspen bedding, but it got EVERYWHERE & was a pain to clean up, so I decided to use fleece instead. Since I don't know how to sew, I just bought the fleece, washed it to account for shrinkage, measured it & cut it. It's just one big piece of fleece folded in half. He's not really supposed to be underneath it like that, but apparently he likes it, so whatever floats his boat (lol). I had some scrap fleece, so I put some of that in there for him to use instead, but he still buries himself under the main piece of fleece. He just started doing it a few days ago. It doesn't hurt anything other than his hairdo LOL, so I don't mind, but some people wrap the pans with the fleece like a pillowcase so their chins can't pull it up.

@ashleynicol3 I've been pondering fleece for our bedding instead of wood shavings because of my and my chin's allergies. I'm still investigating though. Thanks for sharing this post. It put a smile on my face!

~Shannon Marie~

No problem! I would definitely recommend fleece! You will save money because you only need two sets of liners and you just wash them in between uses. A little bit of hay & poop still gets kicked out of the cage, but it's so much more manageable than all those shavings everywhere... So much easier to clean the cage itself too!

He's started to use the scrap fleece instead of the main liner. Now he's adorable AND he's not peeing directly on the Bass pans. Win win!

Back