can you really clean the cage with Windex?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evelyn

I read on another forum and they said you can use Windex or water with soap to clean chin's cage. Which Windex is it? The wipe for the glass? I usually use soap and water then dry them for all his items and now I need to clean his whole cage. I'm not sure what to use. Help!

You can't overdo white vinegar, so you don't really need a measured amount. I use a bucket and dump in a bunch of white vinegar, clean whatever needs cleaned, then wipe with clean, warm water.

And no, I would never use Windex to clean any animals cage.

Peroxide works well, too. It's great for pee stains on the shelves. It doesn't leave a harmful residue behind, either.

Yeah, best thing for cleaning cages is a good mister/spray bottle, some water and a few cap fulls of vinegar. Don't need to over due it on the vinegar since even diluted it cleans well.

The only thing I use is peroxide on the shelves and water/vinegar to clean the pans and metal parts of the cage. It's great at getting rid of smells and residue.

Back