Cages for chinnys under 6 months (Help!)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Onyxsmomm

I recently reserved a baby chin born on the 13th of this month. His pick up is in January. Heres my problem, I went and bought a double story cage that he might escape from while hes that young. I didn't realize i might have this problem til I heard reviews about the baby chins possibly escaping. :tantrum:

So my question:

Whats the best cage to use at this moment and whens a good time to transition him into his bigger cage? :hmm:

i use critter nation for the baby i got. its an expensive cage but worth it. i also keep my more aggressive males in them so they can't bite each other.

or i have seen people put wire on the outside of the age so they didn't have t buy a new one

If you do something like that, it needs to be done on the inside. If its on the outside they can stick try to get through the bars a bit and could get stuck. They will likely panic in that case which can cause severe problems. So you want it on the inside to avoid this.

Thank you all for the advice, I picked him up about three weeks ago and hes really warmed up well. His cage situation is settled for now til I upgrade his cage to a FN. Thank you for the replies ! :crossfingers: hopefully things stay smooth.

Back