Cages by AZChins???

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

comtnmama

Anyone have one? Would love to see pics of them set up.

Thinking about one of their medium townhomes.

Thanks!

LOL I have one!

Wanted to add...

One of the things to remember about them is that when you order them my cages are sent folded down or the shipping would be just incredibly high. You would have to put the cage together...I send out a nice pair of j-clip pliers with the cages that need to be put together by someone else. It's a nice cage and has been really popular over the years. I've kept everything I use in the cage made in the USA so everything is higher quality and lasts longer, but also helps to support manufacturing here.

Anyway...it's probably a different type of cage than what most people have their chins in nowadays.

Last edited:
If the cage is anything like AZChins toys I say get one. :D My household is addicted to Susan's toys.

The size is just perfect. I have a Fiesty Ferret for my other 2 girls but this cage needs to sit on top of a low filing cabinet in my office. The townhome would be as prefect fit.

It does seem like a lot of wire flooring, I think that is my biggest hangup about it. I am thinking I could replace a lot with wood shelving and maybe smallish fleece pads.

You could, but it is safe wire flooring and you wouldn't have any issues with it. You can put things down so the chins can get up off the wire, but they do alright on wire that is the appropriate spacing. There's no sense in making the cage with wire shelves if you are going to just replace them...so you'd have to let me know if you'd prefer to have something more custom made for you.

Ok, good tip!

Another question... since I have you trapped in this thread now :thumbsup:

Are your cages loud? I have the girls in my evacuation cage right now and it is SO loud. Because it has no stabilizing shelf in the middle that stretches all the way across everything wiggles and jiggles with every jump the girls make. Does that make sense?

The chins bang around the cage and make some noise, but I make my cages so they are pretty secure and don't really rattle. The shelves stabilize the cages so they're very solid. The j clips help out tremendously in getting the cages together and keeping them from rattling too much. I use good wire...the shelves are 16 gauge, but there's a lot of wires to make them very sturdy and I fold down the edge to make them stronger.

The wire shelves hold the cage together so there's no real jiggle at all. Wooden shelves would probably do the same thing - all the cages with the wooden shelves went to new homes and I never really experienced them in the townhouse cage style. They probably are just as sturdy as the wire, maybe more?

I know I'm a little late in seeing this thread, but if the OP is still considering one of Susan's cages, I wanted to put my 2 cents in! I've had one of her cages in my home for a few weeks when I was holding a chinchilla for her.. I've also seen several of her custom built ones in person. They are all very sturdy construction, no wobbling or rattling. Chinchillas, bless their little hearts, can be super noisy if they want to, no matter what cage they are in. Susan has gotten surrendered chins in the past from people who move and can't keep their chins, no matter how gross the cage comes back to her, its always able to shine right back up with a little elbow grease. Hope that helps. ;)

My specialty AZchins cage is wonderful. I got one made that was bigger than most cages. I had two boys in it and they LOVED it. (I had hoped the other two boys I got could cohabitat...but nooooo) Since they all fight now, Shadow is the sole owner of the big cage. They don't have any problems on the wire. My boys always slept on the wire in the house instead of on the shelves come to think of it...But even with two chins running amuck in it it hardly made a noise. It's awesome.

I would definitely be large enough for quarantine. I use that cage a lot for chins that may not get around very well or are older and it does well.

The shipping is $18.65 for that cage...although sometimes once I have the cage together it ends up being a little less than the quote. ;)

If you want other input, I think that would be a suitable size.
Thanks, JavaChin, :)

I would definitely be large enough for quarantine. I use that cage a lot for chins that may not get around very well or are older and it does well.

The shipping is $18.65 for that cage...although sometimes once I have the cage together it ends up being a little less than the quote. ;)

Cool, thank you very much for the info! Off to add to my info list. :read:

Latest posts

Back