Cage

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
website says the feisty ferret home is [Overall Dimensions: 31" L x 20" D x 54" H]
The FN cage is listed as [36"L x 25"W x 63 1/4"H]

IMO that little bit extra rly does make a difference. Makes a lot more usable room compared to a FF cage.

Both types tho you would have to take out the ramps and maybe consider the tray on the bottom. - The FF has a plastic shelf tho that would have to be replaced. Where as the FN shelf can be left as is.

Hi which ferret nation betterImageUploadedByTapatalk1410740096.169266.jpg. Or this one. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410740112.219021.jpg

God Is Good And His Love Last Forever

Cant see the modle number on either of them, so i canbt be mroe exact. But they look like the same ones. Just one is new and used to marketing purposes, and the other is a used cage.

The only two differences i see are not cage differences. The half trays on the bottom pic have a slightly raised edge. And they both use the same ladders, only the bottom picture the ladder is covered in fleece. (of course you'll want to take ladders out anyway and use ledges)

If you can get the model numbers we can tell you more. But i think they might be the same ones. Just the tray has a raised lip.

Here is a cage I may get is this one a good one for Yoshi? Model number is 182. Here a pic. Plans is taking all the levels out and put shelves in ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411125695.469828.jpg

Just let me know today please what to order it soon

the 182 is a good cage. I have two of them (still in box) myself. The two currently in use are 142. I think the only difference is 182 was designed to be put together with out need of tools (a screw driver) As a result 142 and 182 cages are not compatible with each other. Tho it is listed as compatible with Critter Nation cages.

Personally, i like 142 better. But im not sure if that's even made anymore. 182 is fine for a chin. But if you get one, CHECK the pieces first. Anything slightly out of alignment (damaged) and it wont go together all to well. I ordered 2 cages i mentioned earlier and both had broken pieces upon arrival. It took a while but the manufacturer sent me replacement parts.

But the cage itself is good for chins. Some shopping around and u can probably do better then $270 tho.

The half shelf's are actually decent to use. I see in that pic that they might have raised edges, that part i cant comment on because mine are flat.
The plastic tray are often either covered up with fleece or replaced with metal bass pans.
The big danger is the ramps. Those you want to take out and replace with wooden ledges. Chins can hurt themselves on the ladders. (From hurt up to the worst) Thats the main thing to change.

BothCages_zpsf5eda001.jpg

My two cages from a couple years or so back.

According to the description the all living things cage is just a hair thinner then the FN 182. It has all the issues as the 182 (ramps, plastic trays).
Only other difference is the bars are horizontal on the All living things. FN 182 are Vertical.

Dont get me wrong about what i said earlier in the thread. FN are great cages. But even great ones need a few precautions.

Ok I'm planning on putting shells in taking the ramps put and pitting fleece in

Ok is this one good too. Need to know today want to order one today ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411214009.746593.jpg

Plan to take out all the ramps the top floor and make it all one floor

I'd go with the ferret nation, when I asked on here not too long ago I was told the all living things cage is a more cheaply made knock off for pretty much the same price.
Just keep in mind that by taking out the top floor you want to overlap shelves and/or hammocks so the chin can't fall more then about a foot.

If I leave the top floor can I leave that ramp in so my chin can go up there

I'd go with the ferret nation, when I asked on here not too long ago I was told the all living things cage is a more cheaply made knock off for pretty much the same price.
Just keep in mind that by taking out the top floor you want to overlap shelves and/or hammocks so the chin can't fall more then about a foot.

I have never used all living things FN knock off cage, but i would believe that completely. The rest of there items ive seen are all pretty cheaply made and low quality.

No. You dont want to leave any ramps. If you take a loot at my old cage pic on page 3, you see i keep the opening to the second floor in the front left. Below that (just on top of the fleece covered tube) you will see a wooden ledge. Thats there so they can get to the second floor. And they do so with problem what so ever.

I had to leave the ramp between 'units' (with the fleece cover on) in my CN for a while until I could replace the plastic shelves with wooden ones. I found that if I put the standard shelf at its highest, it was farther than I wanted for him to jump down to the main floor and kinda squished to stay on the shelf, but if I put it at its middle height, it was far to jump up straight up or down (especially because my boy's an awkward jumper - he lived in a squished cage with no space to move or jump much for most of his life with past owners so he's sort of learning to be a chinchilla now that he has the room). As I just bought a bunch of wooden shelves recent'y I've finally been able to take that last ramp out.

You can get around this however, if you put a hidey house or other object on the shelf that he can use as a 'step' up and down right under the opening so he's not jumping the entire distance up or down in one go (the chin would jump on top of whatever the object was and THEN up to the top 'unit'). If you choose to switch to wooden shelves later its a lot easier as you can put shelves wherever you need to to accommodate your chin's needs, but if you can put something there to lessen that distance between the shelf and the opening that should do decently as long as its not going to be pushed around too much (an upside down clay flower pot maybe?). If you can, this is the better option than leaving the middle ramp in.

Latest posts

Back