Cage with plastic bottoms and plastic platforms

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peaceful1

My chin has ALOT of plastic in her cage. She doesn't seem to be chewing any of it. I am worried about it now though. I wanted to purchase a wire cage but I didn't know what to cover the wire platforms with. I didn't want my chins feet to get stuck in the wires. Can anyone help? I will try to purchase a new cage as soon as possible.

You can tile them or cover them in fleece (in place of shavings on the bottom pan too :p). If you can remove the wire platforms, you can replace them with wood shelves as well.

Thanks Devi ! I mean the cage is a wonderful size for one chin. I will look for fleece in a craft store and try to cover the plastic.

You may not have to buy a new cage if your happy with the size of the one that you already have and if Mya leaves the plastic bottom alone. I have a few small plastic bottom cages that I use as temp cages for my chins. I took out all of the plastic ramps and shelves and replaced them with wood ledges and I lined the bottom of the cage with fleece. Chins don't need ramps either. ;)) Below is a few pics of 2 of my temp cages so you could get an idea.

ddc6020d.jpg

1d4bcdeb.jpg

ff02f5eb.jpg

65aaf9fc.jpg

Sandi she actually doesn't chew any plastic surprisingly. I'm still on the lookout for wooden platforms though . Any company that sells them?

Back