Cage makeover!!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becky12883

I really really really wanted a new cage for my boys, but right now we really can't afford to spend that kind of money. I finally got my bf to compromise with me and we replaced all the terrible wire shelves in the boys cage! Total cost came to about $17. Neither one of the boys wants to go back home now though. They spent their entire playtime staring at us putting everything in.

Attachments

• IMAG0337.jpg
    IMAG0337.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMAG0338.jpg
    IMAG0338.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMAG0339.jpg
    IMAG0339.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMAG0340.jpg
    IMAG0340.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 58
  • IMAG0341.jpg
    IMAG0341.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 51
much better than wire shelves :))

your chins will get used to their new spiffy cage layout, just give them time.

i would remove the plastic igloo though, i see chew marks on it and you don't want to run the risk of impaction should a chin ingest plastic while chewing it.

The chew marks are actually from a rat that I had much before the chins. They have never chewed on it, and it's been in with Rufus since he was a teeny baby almost 5 years ago. A beautifully painted wooden house is next on my list though, as soon as I can get the budget approval from the bf :) Of course at the first sign of chewing I would take it out, but they discovered already that they can chew the new shelves. They have made it to all but the very top shelf so far. I may have to get another ledge for them to hop up to it from.

Back