Best playpen for a jumpy chin?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my3esses

I think I would like to get a playpen for our chin to run around in when I am cleaning her cage, etc. Right now we use a small safe bathroom for some play time but then we are cooped up in a bathroom with her. I'd love to let her hang out in a safe area of the family room, kitchen, etc. but obviously she can get into too much trouble if I can't section off an area. I've seen some of the playpens in pet stores but wonder if they are tall enough. I like the ones that have a bottom to keep floor/rug clean. Is there one "best" option???

I've heard that the pop up ones are usable as long as you supervise to make sure your chinchilla isn't chewing its escape.

I've posted these pics a few times but I still have the same exact playpen that is in these pics. All parts still work but looks a little worn now because I do wash the bottom piece. It does come with a zippered top and is easy to fold and put away. I've had it strictly for my chins for over 4 years now. Mine is called the Ware pop-up playpen and I know that there are several knock-offs that look similar and sold on-line.

This pic was taken in March of 2009, when we started using it for the chins...

41285d8f.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

These were taken in 2010, 2011 & 2012...

DSC00905.jpg

5bb587b5.jpg

1b64868d.jpg

I have the same one that Sandi has and I love it! You can leave the top on or unzip it - and it's big enough that I can get in and sit/lay if I want to.

thanks, I never would have guessed one of those would work well - thought I'd have to get a wire/metal one.

Back