Bentley's Checkup

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LGarl

Just got back from the vet and Bentley's checkup went very well!

6 months ago I took him in because of severe barbering and the vet said his diet was bad, his poop was too small, and he had a couple little tooth spurs and a sore tongue.

He suggested some changes to his diet which we have followed to a T. Bentley's coat is now beautiful, his teeth spurs are gone and his tongue doesn't have anymore red spots. His weight and poop are both good. I've really seen a difference in how my chin behaves now compared to before when he wasn't feeling good. Diet can make such a huge difference!

I found this forum about the same time as his prior vet visit and want to thank everyone for all the information posted here. It has really helped me to understand my chin better. I believe I still have a lot to learn, but at least now Bentley has much better care than before and is healthier. Thanks everyone!

I'm sooo happy I just wanted to share! :)

Last edited:
It's really good that you've got your chin on a good diet as this is crucial to their health and wellbeing. What are you now feeding Bentley?

Sounds like big improvements :)) That's awesome.
I am happy he is recovered and doing well!

Thanks everyone. :)

Pepperpot, now Bentley's getting Oxbow Essentials pellets, 2nd cutting timothy hay, orchard grass, and other hays as I can afford them and Poland spring water. For treats one in a while he gets organic raw rolled oats, rosehips, or rosebuds and plenty of chew sticks.

Before he came to me he was getting fed Kaytee fiesta, not as much hay and raisins, wheat crackers, nuts, seeds for treats. I continued this diet out of ignorance until I took him to the vet. I just assumed his former owner would know what to feed him so I did the same.

I kick myself for not doing research before I got him to make sure I knew what he needed. After his first vet visit I lived on this forum, reading for hours. Such a wealth of information!

Back