Being a brat?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickn3ro

Chinny Pal
Is it Normal for a chin to knock over her house cause I swear me and my buddy set up the cage and either she doesnt like the way I set it up or shes doing Feng Shui

Chins move things all the time. It's a pain, but normal. Anything not attached to the side of the cage gets moved nightly here. I constantly wakeup to hay all over the place, cubble buddies on different levels and the occasional upside-down house.

the way i look at it, if your chin isn't doing a nightly re-arrange, then they just aren't being bratty enough. lol. perfectly normal to see a complete chaos in the cage every morning.

I have a violet who throws her house across the cage. She even broke it in two once. We gave her a larger (heavier) house that she cannot throw.

My white chin Altair will always move the house to prevent light from getting in. Today I moved the house back to the original position and right after he runs up and moves the house back.

Hee, sounds pretty typical. Henry is always moving his house and getting it stuck in a position he doesn't like, and then he barks to call me to come fix it. I've told him he could just leave it alone in the first place, but will he listen?

I was just reading these posts to my husband and having a good chuckle

In typical male mentality, his response was
They must be married

Maia's my redecorator. I awoke one morning to find her house in the same place, but the fleece I'd put down the night before was crumpled in the opposite corner and had been heavily urinated on. I still have no idea how she managed to tug it out from under the house and a chinchiller without disrupting everything. Apparently fleece under her house was a bad idea, as she gave me the stink eye for a good 3 days over that one.

the most my Rhino does is move his food bowl halfway across his cage (without ever dumping it, yay!), and his wood pieces i pile up in his lil toybox are strewn about every morning.

i'll go hide in a corner now, away from all the glaring eyes of bratty chin owners, hahaha!

I have one guy that likes to turn his house upside down and sit in it - it looks like he is captain of his own private ship. No matter how many times i right it - he immediately flips it back over. I gave up and left it that way. He even throws food out of his dish into the bottom of his "boat". I think he is stocking up. Coincidently, his name is Loki (the trickster)

Mine loves to redecorate. He picks up his hidey house and drags it to different spots in the cage. I have an interior decorator on my hands

They love to throw hay and toys wherever they want.

I solved the throwing food dish problem by getting ones that attach to the cage. They're stainless and easy to clean.

Back