Bedding

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandycandy135

So I got some bedding from whimsy's menagerie (kiln dried pine chips) but I'm running out and she doesnt ship it.
Is there a similar type I could buy at a petco or petsmart?
I know using the carefresh paper bedding can be dangerous so I want to be careful.
Thank you all!

Yeah I've seen shavings. Is that okay? The petsmart lady told me to definitely not use shavings. As for price, cheap is really awesome but not necessary. I really want the best for my girls

There are no issues with shavings. There are issues with petsmart workers, though. They told me that I needed a heat lamp for my chinchilla. :/ Someone misread the hedgehog careguide and thought that a chinchilla was one. I've received all kinds of crazy responses from them, so I've given up on listening to them and just come here.

I use shavings. The only "issue" with shavings is that they tend to get everywhere really fast. But vacuuming them up is no biggie. :)

You can use wood shavings as bedding. Aspen and kiln dried pine are both fine. Stay away from cedar. It causes respiratory issues in small animals. I use pets pick pine from walmart and it's really good.

Thank you all! And yeah I've heard the awful rumors about pet store associates so I generally take what they say with a grain of salt and verify it here. Thanks everyone :)

Back