Bat rescues in New YorK

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tkc1038

I dont know if this is the place to put this but I am trying to find a Bat Rescue in New York. I am having no luck. I live right across the street from Bat caves ( They are very dificult to get to unless you like to go cave splunking). I Love the little bug eaters but in the winter if there is one warm day they get kind of confused and try to come out to eat then get to cold to go back to there roost. NO food so they lose all thier energy supply and perish. Plus there has been a drastic reduction of Bats because of a fungus that has been killing them so I am trying to save this little one. I have been feeding him with an eye dropper and going and buying crickets but oy i veh I cant do it much longer.

I would think you should look for a wildlife rehab place versus a bat specific one. There will be more if you look for wildlife rehab.

Great thanks, I went by Wildlife Rescues and just got NJ so guess thats ehy this is such a great forum I will try the few numbers I have and see what happens.

Thanks I found someone that is coming tonight to pick him/her up. It also looks like they are looking for a Bat Rehabber here so they have convinced me to go for it. It has been alifelong dream to be able to help wildlife and it looks like I can be licenced for small animals within the year then work for the more specific ones like Bats, Skunks, Raccoons and so on in the following years. Pictures are from my phone so not so good. Didint want to spook him/her.

Picture wont do this little guy justice, He is sooooo tiny with big set of teeth, he was so spunky he kept trying to eat the eye dropper LOL. I have had him since Friday and today was the first day he seemed more alert and ready to do battle. The person who got him had a specialized container for him and a little bonding pouch I was amazed. Just to let everyone know the Bat population has taken a serious hit from this fungus that the DEC cant seem to pin down and cure. I know that the pesky bugs were horrible this year with out the usual amount of Bats around, I am just hoping that he is the only one i have to rescue and the rest stay in hibernation.

Latest posts

Back