Bass pans!?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ilovemychin

Ruby's Mom
Okay, so i got a FN 141 for christmas (Yay!) for my one chinchilla Ruby. I am not even going to put her in the new cage until i get the bass pan for it, but Bassequipment isnt opening untill January 4th! I really want to get her in there as it is killing me just seeing the box sit there! I knew it would take a week to come in, but now I have to wait an Extra week just to order it! UGH! Is there any possible way to get one before that? I only need the bottom one! thanks guys!

With everyone ordering steel pans for their FN's, I'm surprised they haven't come up with a 'chinchilla option' for their cages!
You could use the standard plastic pan for a couple of weeks - there's no trade-in value - just make sure Ruby doesn't chew it, keep an eye on the pan for chew marks!

But she is going to make a huge mess, because i use shavings (Really dont like fleece liners) and i was thinking about just using the pan without shavings, but what about pee?

But she is going to make a huge mess, because i use shavings (Really dont like fleece liners) and i was thinking about just using the pan without shavings, but what about pee?

I wouldn't. There's nothing to absorb the pee that way, so there will just be puddles of pee that she can sit/run/jump in. She would also be more likely to chew the pan since all of the plastic is exposed. It's very thin so she could get a big hole chewed in it quickly.

You are not going to get the pan sooner so 1) wait or 2) live with the mess or 3) do like many do - use a fleece liner. If your chin doesn't chew the plastic pan use it with a liner till you can get what you want. Or put an ad in the classifieds here looking for a pan. I am looking for an alternate supplier of pans as Bass's prices are getting ridiculous. I can get a QC mansion and stand for the price of a FN 142 and pans.

Ya, so i guess i am stuck for now :( I'm just really mad because i finally got my FN and cant even use it for a month :(

I'm waiting. I need to save up money to get shelves and liners and other cage acessories to begin with anyway. I'm just happy I got my cage as a present.

Back