bald patch above my chin's nose

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pompom

Hi,

My chin has this bald patch developed last Saturday and i'm wondering what it is. I'm attaching day1, day2, day 6 photos here. Please advise. I'm worried now. She acts and behaves normal as usual, but why there a bald patch developed.

Thanks,

Pompom

Attachments

• IMG_2160.jpg
    IMG_2160.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2163.jpg
    IMG_2163.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2179.jpg
    IMG_2179.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 33
Does he rub his nose on the bars a lot? Or stuff his nose out through the bars?

I didn't see she rub over the cage bars. However, this morning I noticed she has a wet tip above her nose. She might do something that I didn't see. She still looks active and doesn't feel itchy at all because I don't see her rub her nose. I'm very worried if this is a sign of ringworm. Please advise. Thanks.

If she is getting her nose wet from her water bottle it may be fungus. I would put some tinactin powder in her dust bath and you could also dab some cream on that spot. Try to use only that dust bath for her if you have other chins as it could spread if that is what it is. I would also move her water bottle to a spot that she doesn't sit by if you think that is the cause. Hope that helps.

How often I should replace Tinactin in dust bath. I actually got Zeasorb, anti-fungal treatment, instead of Tinactin from Walsgreen as I couldn't find Tinactin in power and the pharmacist suggested this anti fungal treatment has miconazole nitrate that's more helpful than Tinactin. So I would like to know if I got the right fungal treatment for my chin and how often I should change her dust bath. Please advise. Very appreciate!

how often should I change dust bath and the anti fugal treatment powder? Please advise! Thank you!

my chin got her furs back after I used Tinactin. I managed to replace her blue cloud with a teaspoon of Tinactin every week. However, I forgot to change it last weekend, and now I see the baldy part is getting back on my chin. why is that? anyone can help? Very appreciate!

It sounds like it was a fungus if the Tinactin cleared it up. The fungus is probably living in the cage. You should sanitize the entire cage and everything in it. Also the Tinactin should be mixed with the blue cloud, not replace it. If cleaning the cage and using Tinactin doesn't clear it up then you might have to go to the vet to get a prescription medication.

Back