Atlantic Chapter Show 2013

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still don't have official results yet but was made aware that our lovely Juanita did in fact tie Monika for 3rd place Bob Myers. =D

I also want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for helping out. It's so amazing to see newcomers so willing to help, and the seasoned pros that need no direction at all pitching in. So many hitches popped up but were handled promptly that I don't think anyone noticed. ;)

Thank you to everyone who participated in running the show, to all the exhibitors, and to all who donated raffle items and food for lunch and dinner. Thank you to Brenda for judging - I had a blast training with you! And congrats to all the winners! Well done! =D

I love my chapter!

So many hitches popped up but were handled promptly that I don't think anyone noticed. ;)

As a newcomer, I can say that I didn't notice any hitches! I was amazed at how organized everything seemed with so many animals in the mix.

I was also happy to be so warmly welcomed by the "veterans" in attendance. I had a chance to chat with a few of the breeders who had chins in the show and they were all willing to answer any questions I had. I was also lucky enough to have the entire judging process explained to me so that I could follow along during the show (and I think I kept up really well). At the end, I even got to help get some of the chins settled into their cages to get ready to go home.

I can say that this was my first show, but I am sure it won't be my last. I had a great time, met some really nice people, bought some new toys for my Luna, saw some gorgeous chins and even won a raffle prize! I walked in not knowing anyone and feeling kind of out of place, but I walked out with hugs and so much information...thanks to everyone for making me feel so welcome! :)

That is how I felt upon my first show, welcome, it's amazing to me how we become a "chin family" right from the start.

I'm finally settled back into my routine and have computer access. Congrats on a great show! I had a wonderful time judging with Mish! She's going to make a great judge! :D
Lots of nice animals and it is always so great to see everyone. I miss you all already!

I had an absolute wonderful time and miss it so much already. There's nothing like going to shows, it's better than any anti-depressant out there. Good friends, great food and chinchillas, that's all you can ask for!

Thank you so much Brenda and Mish, you both did a wonderful job. Congratulations to all that placed so well!

I had an absolute wonderful time and miss it so much already. There's nothing like going to shows, it's better than any anti-depressant out there. Good friends, great food and chinchillas, that's all you can ask for!

Thank you so much Brenda and Mish, you both did a wonderful job. Congratulations to all that placed so well!

Ditto!!
I will add, thank you all for your encourragement! It always seem to long between shows for me.

Several years ago this chapter was my first show. Always been fun!
It's really is nice to have a break and be with others who share your passion. While I speak with a few of you through emails........its nice to see everyone in person at the shows.
I had been looking forward to this show so long! I love looking at other people's work.

Does anyone know who brought the "Maine chin carrier" that was in the raffle? I would like to know what they cost or who to contact. I looked online and think I found the company. However there were no photos of that carrier. Thanks to who may respond.

I amngoing to talk to a guy in my area to see if he can make carriers like the one I had but handles on the side like the ones raffled. Hope he can do it.

Alex - that cage was donated by Marianne Sansouci / Sydchilla. It came from Maine Cage Company.

Thanks everyone for the compliments on my judging, it is encouraging as a trainee. =) I am pleased to entertain you with my many goofy faces!

Back