Atlantic Chapter Show 2013

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mish - it looks like I will be coming to at least deliver a few chins. Not sure if I will have anything to show! :( Since I wasn't counting on coming I haven't been dusting like I should have. I started last night and will see what the few I have dusted look like come Wednesday or Thursday. All of mine are still young anyway but would be nice to get comments on a couple of them.

So please count me in for the Banquet!

I just started prepping too :( I had about 10-12 animals lined up, but it was sooo darn crazy the past few weeks I didn't keep up with them... I doubt i'll have them to show :( May just toss them into breeding and bring their babies next year *sigh*

I am uncertain of what minemwill look like. But will bring them no matter...

Just throw some hair gel on them and give them a middle of the back veiling Mohawk. :laughitup:
I couldn't resist the temptation Christiane.

I too am trying my best to get them in show shape. Just not enough time of the day. And it didn't help that we had a spike in temps with last weeks high in the 80's and Thursday was 93. :facepalm:

Just throw some hair gel on them and give them a middle of the back veiling Mohawk. :laughitup:
I couldn't resist the temptation Christiane.

I too am trying my best to get them in show shape. Just not enough time of the day. And it didn't help that we had a spike in temps with last weeks high in the 80's and Thursday was 93. :facepalm:

What ever Alex!! :crazy: :hug2:

I see where animals can be housed in the show hall overnight on Friday but am wondering about Saturday night? Does anyone know?

If you need to leave your animals in the show hall Saturday night, I can work that out. We do have the hall Sunday morning as well.

Ange, Brandy and Cheryl (Poetrue) are the only ones that have asked me about setting up vending tables. I have not kept track of raffle offerings this year because I don't have the website anymore to keep it updated, and also didn't have time to request donations quite as aggressively as I did last year. Like most shows, we'll see what we get the day of - although a few of you have posted what you're bringing, which is always nice. =)

Thanks for the update Mish.

For the raffle I am bringing a huge bag of shavings from a company I've been using for several years. The stuff is great. I'll combine it with a few pounds of dust as a combo item. The bag is a 3.25 cubic feet. They are huge.

See you all soon enough. Really looking forward to this one!

Hello everyone, showing up to the party a little late. I was there last year, and already know I will be heading out again to watch the show and check out the vendors. Really looking forward to the raffle this year. Didn't want to go through all 10 pages (Sorry) is there a place to see the raffle items this year? And, now that I know about the food, is there anything in particular I should bring?

Wanted to update, besides the items previously posted I will have wood available.
6" Apple/pear sticks $10 pound
Apple coins/whirlies drilled $11 pound
Odds/ends mixed wood apple/pear $8 pound
Apple ledges $5 each

Attachments

• 001 (640x427).jpg
    001 (640x427).jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 002 (427x640).jpg
    002 (427x640).jpg
    55 KB · Views: 6
  • 003 (640x427).jpg
    003 (640x427).jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 004 (427x640).jpg
    004 (427x640).jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 005 (640x502).jpg
    005 (640x502).jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 6
I will be donating the following;

3, 1 pound bag of whole rosehips and small bag of supplement
2, 1 pound bag of chinchilla cookies and small bag of supplement (Stacey Wolf Cookies)
1 Silver Necklace
1 Standard Male chinchilla that will be shown

Stakie- there is NOT an official donation list this year. People have posted what they'll bring but you'd have to delve into the thread to find most of it. I'll be donating a brand new two hole carrier. Pookin is donating (I think) a 50lb MannaPro and possibly something else (liquor maybe?)...6Dusters is donating a big thing of bedding...saphire is donating what's she's listed there right above me and I SO can't wait to see what else is there!

As far as what food to bring, ask Mish she MAY know :)

Well darn! I was hoping there would be another poster like the one (I think) Mishirish donated last year. (But then again I probably forget who donated it!)

I was thinking cookies or some garlic bread or something.

I DO have two more of those posters, one of them is framed. I wasn't going to bring it because I've been bringing them pretty much to every show - but if folks still want it, I'll donate the framed one. =)

As for food... we're not doing the chocolate fest this year so anything is game! I've got fixins for shepard's pie, buffalo chicken dip, and baked beans. I've also got a variety of potato chips I'll be bringing in just because I want them out of my house. Barb said she'd be bringing her meatballs again, and the boys are going to do the pulled pork entree as usual. Haven't heard anyone say anything about pasta salad/potato salad yet??? Deviled eggs?!?! DESSERT?

ETA: Oh, I've got a bunch of donuts, too. Sheetz was giving out free donut coupons with their coffee, which I collected and will cash in. I drink way more coffee than eat donuts, but I'll never waste free food. So you all benefit. ;)

Last edited:
Back