Arlington TX Bust- Getting Ready

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a heads up that Nashville is supposed to get dumped on with snow tomorrow and more possible Friday morning. They do NOT have road maintenance here so ice and road closures are a possibility. If you are able to get them here, I can hold them for a day or two.

*Prayers to safe travels*

We may not get the chins until the 15th or so. I don't understand why it isn't happening when I'm not quite ready and the weather is going to be really bad. There will be some warning. When the SPCA says come, I'll be there the next day. I'll probably be in Little Rock early the day after and Memphis late. So there will be a 2 day warning for the first set of transport people.

Just a heads up that Nashville is supposed to get dumped on with snow tomorrow and more possible Friday morning. They do NOT have road maintenance here so ice and road closures are a possibility. If you are able to get them here, I can hold them for a day or two.

*Prayers to safe travels*

I hear that! And it's supposed to do nothing but get worse the further north you go...

But anyway, everyone else just keep tuned to this thread and your email for more information about the timing...Rick (nor anyone else for that matter) doesn't need everyone freakin' out on him. One thing at a time - if it happens, just be ready. All the little details will work out in due time. Promise. :)

Looks like we'll have about 10 hedgies that will be living with us for a bit!

They have a railroad coming this way to Denver if anyone else can help foster or adopt PLEASE talk to Rick and he'll put you touch with Dawn the lady who's working the hedgies! She's super nice and she just told me they have a total of 725 hedgies in need! Even if you can just foster for a while they will help find homes, but these hedgies need some place to go!

I think the hedgie people have a group set up either on the hedgie part of C&H or elsewhere. Dawn is several hundred emails behind so if there is any alternate route to volunteer it would be great. Otherwise I can gladly send contact info to her.

Now that we are getting set, we'll try to help them all we can. Plus the most experienced and best organized people around seem to be the Bunderground and they are just starting to ramp up their resources to help us and the hedgie people.

Fun Fact ....
As their were 70 Chins to be cared for - When Rick posted that all 70 had homes and or foster care, His post was # 70 on this thread - Hmmmmm .......

Dawn told me that there are a couple main rescues that are helping with paper work and they would be sending me the foster app, like you said they need a paper trail, it may be possible to get the names from her and contact them directly if you want to help as well.

I sent a notice to a couple other rescue groups I know in Nebraska since they'll be coming right through here, so hopefully we can get more of these guys in safe places.

Ok Hedgie info and alert. If you want to adopt a hedgie, email [email protected]

WARNING! There is an unofficial Arlington hedgie website that is spreading disinformation and is asking for donations. It is not associated with the hedgie rescue and should be shut down shortly. Donate to the hedgie rescue only through the above address. It is itself not a Paypal address.

North route: Dallas to Little Rock to St Louis to IL.

I'll drive to Little Rock and transfer 23 chins to Jillian (beanjelly) who will transport to St Louis. Two will go to Thearina in Ellsinore. 21 will be turned over to Rick (Rickman) for transport: 10 to Stacie (furrylovables) 5 to Kristy (I need Your info), 2 to Brittany in Normal, 2 to eroomlorac (I need your info), and 2 I think for the Chicago area that I can't find the file on. If it's you, please let me know?

There will be no transport at this time beyond IL on this route. We need expense money for the driver.

WEATHER NOTE: If we get called and the weather is bad and we are not allowed to wait till conditions are better, all the chins will be loaded and brought to New Orleans. As weather permits we will try to rebuild the delivery network. I don't see it happening that fast, but ....

I don't know if someone posted this yet or not, its a video taken of some of the rescues. No chins are there, but it does have video of one of the baby hedgehogs that are being born.

Unlike the images PETA published (which I still get the shakes when I think about them...), these are of happier animals.

The video was done as a plea for funding to be sent to the SPCA to help cover the huge costs they have incurred from caring for all these animals so far.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Exotic-animal-care-posing-unique-problems-80855442.html

FYI- I have offered transport from Fredericksburg VA to any reasonable surrounding areas...please pm me if you live around the area and are interested! Shout out to Sonia! Thanks for being able to help so much in the area! I would take 'em all if I had the room!

I think the hedgie people have a group set up either on the hedgie part of C&H or elsewhere. Dawn is several hundred emails behind so if there is any alternate route to volunteer it would be great. Otherwise I can gladly send contact info to her.

Now that we are getting set, we'll try to help them all we can. Plus the most experienced and best organized people around seem to be the Bunderground and they are just starting to ramp up their resources to help us and the hedgie people.

The hedgietrain is being organized, in part, on a yahoo group: http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/hedgehogtrain2/

I just wanted to say God Bless all of you who are involved with this massive undertaking. I have not been on this forum long, but through reading some of your posts, I know these animals will be going to loving rescues and furever homes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back