Anyone in the South Jersey/Philadelphia Area that could give me a hand?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ErinB

Does anyone live in the South Jersey/Philadelphia area that wants to make a few extra bucks? I'm looking for an adult or a responsible older teenager to give me a hand with my chinchillas for a few weeks. My husband has been in the hospital almost two weeks now. He's doing alot better then he was, but he's still going to be there for awhile and I've been spending all of my time there. I feel bad for my chinchillas because they haven't been getting as much attention as they are used to. Of course I feed them and clean up after them and everything, but they haven't been getting outside time or anything and they are starting to get stir crazy.

I'm looking for someone to come over once a day and play with them for about an hour or so. I'll pay you of course, I just want them to get some outside time. It will only be temporary, for about two weeks or so. I still take care of them, feed them, clean them, etc. I just want someone to come play with them. (easy job...lol) If you live close and are interested, please email me with your info and I'll get back to you. [email protected]. Thanks!

It needs to be someone who has experience with chinchillas and can be trustworthy. I'm ok with a teenager if parents say it is ok and they have had chinchillas themselves so are aware of how to take care of them. That's why i'm posting it on Chins and Hedgies. I figure that I have the best chance of getting someone with experience and can be trusted.

Erin

Do you not have a friend or family member near by who can help you? I'd be very careful about finding someone on the internet. Sorry to hear about your husband.

Nobody close enough, no. We just moved to the area not to long ago, haven't really had time to make friends. I know it sounds bad, but we've both been busy with work and everything, by the time we get home we just want to relax, we don't feel like going out or really talking to anyone.

I know the internet is not the safest place to find someone, that's why I posted it in here. I hope most of the people here are pet people and chinchilla lovers and they would be nice, honest people. Anyway, it was just an idea. I'm sure the chinchillas will be fine a little while longer on thier own. I just feel bad for them. I come home to feed the pets and check the mail and everything and they stare at me with those big pleading eyes that scream "Take us out, take us out."

Back