Anyone attached 2 Ferret Nations together?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puma111

I am looking to get another Ferret Nation cage and maybe putting them together to make one big cage.

Has anyone done this? If so, please post pics or describe, I am looking for ideas on possible set-up.

:hmm:

Thanks!

This is my ferret's cage. It is super easy to do just remember you CANNOT mix 141,142 with a 181,182. The old and new styles (with/without hardware) are NOT compatible with each other. DO NOT go higher than 3 stories it really wouldn't be safe.

http://www.chins-n-hedgies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33455

You have to scroll through the thread till you find my post. It wouldn't let me re-post the pic here.

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply. I must rephrase my question.

Has anyone connected 2 Ferret Nation 182 models to one another (side by side)? Wire ties, connector wood ledges, etc. Taking out one of the side panels on each cage, so on and so forth.

Sorry for the confusion. :wacko:

Thanks.

I haven't attached two side by side, but if I were going to I think I would not remove one of the side panels completely. What I would do is cut a hole in the panels that would be pressed up against one another in the middle about the same size as the hole that goes from the top floor to the bottom floor. Then I would use the spare ramps that I don't use that come with the cage and I would use those just the same way as the top-bottom ramp so that it could work as a door to separate the cages if need be. Over all though I think the 182 is not sturdy enough already. I'd hate to have two of those buggers attached and try to move the whole thing around. Maybe it would be different on a hard wood floor or linoleum or something, but on carpet I'd be afraid it would bend or something when trying to move it. Now, if it were a couple 142s it might be different, but either way I'm not sure I'd want to try.

Someone did. If you check the Ferret Nation Club thread there's pics of two doubles side by side and open to each other. It's a huge thread, but it's in there somewhere. I remember it because I was wishing I had the space to do something like that!

Back