Any tips on introducing 2 male chins together?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinlove1258

Hi I have a male chinchilla named Roy and he has been alone for most his life he is 10. We are getting another one who is 8 weeks old (also male) and we would like to try to introduce them so they can live together. I've done research about it so I understand the basics that goes into introducing them. I just want to know if anyone has experienced tips about the process. Thanks!

I had 2 males for several years and I got a third about a year or so ago and this is what I did. After quarantine of course I started by keeping the 2 cages next to each other and giving them floor time together after several floor time attemps that went very well i cleaned the cage and put them together on a day I could watch them the whole day to make sure there was t any fighting.
I was making a trio so the situation was a little bit different and the one chin was t getting along well with the new one so he got moved to the new chins cage for a week alone and then I re cleaned the cage and put them back together and they've been great ever since :)

Back