Ant poison!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dabou

mommy of Kahlua and Pedro
Okay so to make the story short, Kahlua escaped from his cage as I was giving him food, I decided to let him run around but I went to check the place he went were safe. And then I see him go in the corner of my room, I shoo him away cause I got my cellphone charger's wires there and I don't want him to cut another one.

Bad thing is that I got ants coming in my apartment and well, I got those ant baits with peanut butter in em on my windows, which are way far for him to reach. BUT. One fell on the floor and was in that corner where he was. This thing has peanut butter in it, and poison!!! Is there anything I can do to ensure he didnt poison himself? I know milk can cancel some poisoning in humans....but for chins?

He only seems tired right now, I'm sticking besides him and making sure he's okay...

I'm not sure what else to do other than vet, but I would call the animal poison control center. They may be able to tell you symptoms to watch for.

http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/poison-control/

Animal Poison Control Center
We are your best resource for any animal poison-related emergency, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you think that your pet may have ingested a potentially poisonous substance, call (888) 426-4435. A $60 consultation fee may be applied to your credit card.

Oh thank god...I must apologise for putting this up right away but I kinda panicked...I tried calling but I kinda thought afterwards : "hmm maybe I should go check if there is any chewed part of the said ant trap"....

I went to see and there aren't...thank god... but I kinda put up an emergency subject that isn't an emergency after all....sorry guys. Though I'll keep the link and phone number handy in case something like that happens for real *touches wood*

The link is up on the website now though, and I'm sure anyone who never heard about this Animal Poison Control Center place, like me, will be glad to know they exist!

Back