Animals of NC, they keep sneaking up on me!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReneeM

My family is returning home to MD from NC tomorrow. I have run into quite a few creatures this week! Creatures that scare the daylights out of me!

First up, Mr. Crab:

825f0537.jpg

This little fellow caused my brother's girlfriend to scream, my four-year-old nephew to scream and run twenty feet away from the crab. I snapped a picture then backed up a few feet as it ran in my general direction.

Doesn't help today my brother found a dead crab. He said he had something to show me, and shoved the dead crab in front of my face. I screamed and he kept laughing.

And this little fellow:

80156d3e.jpg

I was returning from the beach and going up the steps into the house when I saw a black shadow run in front of me. I screamed and jumped back at least five feet. I yelled for my brother to catch it. I don't like lizards! He went back to the beach to get his girlfriend to show her, but it was gone by the time they got back. I snuck up within a couple feet of it to get it's picture, then hightailed it outside. I'm not sure if the lizard went back outside, or is somewhere in the house. :p

I love the lizards! I spend the whole vacation last time chasing them. They are absolutely everywhere. The crabs scare me though. Got pinched by one and they hurt!

Mr Crab is called a ghost crab. Saw plenty of them when I was in Nags Head last year. They are spooky looking and I didn't go to the beach after dusk because they were everywhere. You got a good pic of one, I was snapping pics while I was running away from them.

Back