Alternative to PVC and fleece

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smhluvsmh

Whisker Kisses Addict
I am having an issue with fleece and was wondering if anyone had any ideas for an alternative tube like bed instead of using PVC and fleece. In one of the Ferret Nation Club pictures someone had an hexagon/octagon shaped tube hanging in the cage like the PVC tubes. Very interesting!

You could always use a metal tube. Like if you had a metal coffee can and were able to smooth the edges and remove both ends.... it could be carriage bolt'd up to the side of those cage.

While I haven't gone through the FN Club cage, I think the wood tube you're talking about is the one on here... http://www.chincessories.com/cageaccessories.htm - the "wood tunnel" is towards the bottom of the page. Just to let you know, if you order from there, there's often a delay with orders going out, so it may take a little while to get your order. But those tunnels are nice, we have one that we bought years ago and it's still holding up very nicely!

Even with smooth edges on a can I still wouldn't trust my chins. I'd worry they would cut their mouths on it. I used an empty paint can but covered it in fleece. I know that my post didnt really help your fleece problem though :/ sorry

My girls chewed fleece and PVC until I bought steel tubes from Tanya. The tubes have been in there for over 6 months, with the fleece on them, and I haven't had any issues since the switch. Direct link...

I also own the wooden tunnel from Chinaccessories as well that greychins has mentioned. It's well made and a nice alternative to the often seen PVC fleece tubes.

I also second giving a look at Tanya's Fuzzie Kingdom tubes. I've bought various other goods from her and the fleece items are always very well made.

A lil more pricey.. but i was looking into a diy metal tube, i thought itd be awesone to get a 45 or even 90 degree bend in the pipe. You can buy 4-5 inch mandrel bent exhaust piping made from many different metals, but i couldnt find a place that would sell a bend section for under $30 after shipping. You could probally even paint or powder coat them.
Idk what the chins would think if that though

Back