Already needing the A/C for the chin...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just wanted to let people know...

im a strong advocate for having a/c. ive stated that this should not replace an a/c. it just helps rotate the cool the air provided by the a/c. having the digital thermometer makes it an easy way to read the temperature.

for instance, right now, i have the a/c on and i just glance over at my fan and it reads 68. so i know the temperature of the room. in my opinion, the fan makes it a bit cooler by circulating air, but it itself does not make the room cooler.

last week i went on a roadtrip all the way across texas with gizmo and robert. i drove to go get rob and stayed at his place for the night. the people he lives with dont keep their a/c at "chin temp" so i tried the fan out to see if it worked. it kept the temperature at their temperature, but did NOT cool the room down so i ended up getting a hotel. when we got to my house, my parents kept the temp at 68ish and i had the fan in the room. it got colder in there but i believe the circulation is what made it colder.

by itself, this fan will not be suitable to keep a chin cool.

Back