Aloha from Oahu

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moolelo

Aloha I live in Mo'ili'ili area of Honolulu and have been a chinchilla owner for around 4 years personally. Prior to this time I had been working at a University lab on cross species nutritional studies of domesticated species, mostly horses and chinchillas for me. After discovering these amazing creatures and honestly having them serve as a horse replacement for me in the city, I was given Pikachu, a standard, as a baby from a friend at the research barn. After a few years with him, I picked up two more boys (1year and 4months) via a long complicated adoption process initiated by my girlfriend. Stitch (now 2) and peanut (now ~1) are both energetic beiges (though thinking genetically Stitch is mosaic).
I love DIY and have learned many things from these forums over the past year or so.
Mahalo,
Sean

Hi Sean! I have family all over Oahu, and lived in Wahiawa. Welcome! Wow that AC bill must be pretty high keeping them cool. Honolulu gets HOT! lol

Yes, but it was independent research at an off site location, not part of a grant. Mostly you see usage of chinchillas for audiology or development research.

Welcome! I lived in Hawaii for two years while getting my master's degree in Human Nutrition (UH-Manoa). I didn't even know Chins were legal there until a few weeks ago. I had assumed they weren't since virtually every other "exotic" pet is illegal three.

Anyway, that is interesting about your research though. I'd like to know what your research results have shown :)

Back