Affordable health insurance for your chin

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stargrazer

furry pet mom
Didn't know if this was the right location to mention this topic but thought I would pass along my experience. Called VPI pet insurance today to see if I could afford to get insurance for Remi and found the coverage is about $12 a month! Having one chin and two cats I found that an excellent price. They also give a discount for multiple pets so switched my cats to their coverage as well.
Here is the site:
http://www.petinsurance.com/Plans-And-Coverage/Exotic-Pets.aspx
You have to call though to get a quote and I suspect the price may be different depending on where you live.
The coverage is for 7K a year and $2500 per incident. Also can go to any vet.
Hope this is useful to anyone who likes to have health insurance for their pet.

I am curious if anyone has had experience using this? I am wondering if everything works smoothly, and do they need a check up first? Do they cover pre-existing conditions?

They do not cover pre-existing conditions. That's one of the questions I specifically asked when I looked into the insurance.

Interesting, I've also heard of a care card which works for people and their pets, no clue how much it costs.

That $12 a month is awesome

Back