A8 and A9

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tulula

JandJChinchillas
2 cuties born on Friday - Tan and Ebony female. Would you consider the ebony as light or medium? her dad is extra dark and she is not quite as dark as him.
thanks

Attachments

• A8andA92.jpg
    A8andA92.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 67
  • A8andA93.jpg
    A8andA93.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 68
  • A8anA95.jpg
    A8anA95.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 72
  • A92.jpg
    A92.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 55
  • A93.jpg
    A93.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 48
Congrats, on your new additions. Thanks for posting pictures. On color on the ebony I can't help you out.

On my screen he looks extra dark However that is why I hate pictures - especially with whites and ebonies. I find the picture never 'tells' the true color. Either the camera didn't get the true color or a person's monitor doesn't project the true color. So when people want a picture of a chin (which so many people do) I cringe because I know that often the color is off or doesn't really 'tell the story' of what the chin's color is eventually going to be

I'm not familiar with the color phases of an ebony as they age but the ebony kit seems to appear more towards medium than Extra dark. Which would lead me to wonder if they do get darker over time..

either way, correct or not. The both are very cute.

As far as I have seen, all of my extra dark kits were born extra dark. I have never seen one that darkened from a lighter color and I have had many medium and a few dark ebonies born here.

Thanks for the input. I've been leaning towards med to dark myself as she is not quite as dark as her dad.
Jeanne

Definitely not a light. Medium to dark seems about right.

For extra dark, you wouldn't see lighter color on the sides (or very little, depending on who you talk to).

darn my monitor. I see no lighter sides. However since the kit is lighter than the dad he definitely isn't an extra dark. The tan on my monitor looks very dark also. Either way the kits are adorable and congrats

Back