A Proud Moment

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mishalaa

Irish Chinchilla
X10 and X11 arrived yesterday morning. Their mom is my T4, a 1A Standard SC - and this is my first litter out of one of my own animals. It's a small victory I guess, but I remember my first litter (which T4 was one of) and now my first "second generation," so it's exciting for me. =) This is also my first time producing double digits in a year. =D

Dad was the champion sapphire male at last year's New York show from the Ryersons - he is a stunning sapphire male, so I have high hopes for these girls!

X10 and X11 are both female, and both weighed in at 44g.
x10x11d.jpg

X10
x10b.jpg

X11 - flat tailed
x11e.jpg

"Grumpy"
x11c.jpg

I am so jealous, I love them! I still don't have any sapphires, but a sapphire, s/c pair is about ready to pop, so maybe this time! Congrats, they are just precious.

Aw they are so cute, did she come out flat-tailed? I've never heard of that term before?

Mish they're lovely! Your sapphires make me want to buy one just to look at! Doesn't help that I see them at all the shows. ;)

Aw they are so cute, did she come out flat-tailed? I've never heard of that term before?

I bet the mom bit it off trying to get her/him out.

Actually, it's a trick I just learned at the Ryerson show last month, to cut the hair at the tip of the tail to tell them apart. I was using the sharpee dot in the ear, but it usually wore away after a day and I'd have to keep reapplying it. With cutting the tip of the hair, it'll stay flat like that for a long while.

I came across a cage card pedigree in one of their bays that said "Flat Tail" on it and asked what it meant. It was an adult chin and her tail looked perfectly fine to me. =p

Actually, it's a trick I just learned at the Ryerson show last month, to cut the hair at the tip of the tail to tell them apart. I was using the sharpee dot in the ear, but it usually wore away after a day and I'd have to keep reapplying it. With cutting the tip of the hair, it'll stay flat like that for a long while.

I came across a cage card pedigree in one of their bays that said "Flat Tail" on it and asked what it meant. It was an adult chin and her tail looked perfectly fine to me. =p

Wow that is so simple yet so smart! This forum is great!

Back